Most helpful review

Verified Reviewer

Deposit theft

Lonestar Barns - Deposit theft
We put a deposit on panels. We sent this company over $13k as a depoit. They have disappeared, wont return calls etc. Contact Mrs. Woods to repay her money... We have filed criminal charges with the Helena PD, Texas Rangers & FBI for Intra-state wire fraud. Feel free to call me San Antonio area code 825-**** or refund the money directly to Mrs. Woods.

User's recommendation: When Trying to find Debbie, her Ex-Husband called her " the little thief" When we called about her.

Quit lying mrs.wood’s I’ve done business with lone star custom barns for several years never had any problems with this company it’s a bad deal when sorry *** people come up with lies like you mrs. wood’s

Schertz, Texas

Verified Reviewer

Had to take this company to the Better Business Bureau

Do not bother with turning Debbie Brown (owner of Lonestar Barns) into the Better Business Bureau, they can do absolutely nothing for you. Take her to small claims court. In the state of Texas you can sue her for up to $20,000.00. I wasted about 2 months with the BBB, and they try hard, but they cannot enforce her to pay you the money due to you. She did however lose her triple A rating with them, and she got discredited from them also. The only reason I am stating this is to help people get their money from her, by bypassing the BBB and take her again, to small claims court.

User's recommendation: Stay away from her. Do not do business with her.

Amarillo, Texas

Horrible experience and service

After waiting and waiting, the owner's son and another worker came to put up our barn. The worker would come and end up working by himself. He was nice but it was too much for one person. The son didn't come some days until much later because he was busy going out having fun, or he was not here to work. I could list so many things that are horrible about our barn. The wood that is slid into the doors and walls is falling out from the top. Definitely regret choosing this dishonest company! They are dishonest and full of excuses. Poor quality of work. Do not use Lonestar Custom Barns. This barn was built in Texas in 2013.
Poor customer service

Cat steer

My husband and brother in law expected to see the cat steer she mention that she was divorced and selling it for 2000 dollars and wanted money transferred to amazon. after letting her know we were interested she said that her and her brother were loading it up and on their way and that was the end never heard back I am pissed to even know that someone can take the advantage of senior citizen, using a lying divorce situation to get pitty from other people shame on her for this the lying theif, if she works for this company she needs to be fired
Helena, Montana Province
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
she needs to have charges pressed on her for fraud

Lonestar Barns out of Helena Montana stole $8500 from me

In August of 2015 I placed an order with Debbie from the lonestar Montana location. The order was for an 8 foot bull/trainers pen priced at $8500. I paid the entire $8500 at the time of the order and was told our order would be complete and delivered in 3 weeks. I was in a time crunch and needed a pen as soon as possible, which is why I was willing to pay that kind of a price and lonestar guaranteed it would be completed quickly. Over a month went by and I had not heard from lonestar or received my training pen. I called and left several messages, I sent several emails with no reply or answer from lonestar. I sent them another email informing stating I am canceling my order due to the complete lack of correspondence and the amount of time past when they said my order would be completed. Debbie finally responded to my email and said they would cancel it and have my money returned to the account they were paid from. It is now June, They have not returned my $8500, they will not return my calls, answer my emails or provide any type of correspondence what so ever. I have copies of all my emails as well as Debbie stating she will refund my money. I am quickly learning I am not the only one these people have done this too.

I am having an issue with Lonestar and Debbie to get a barn we paid for and promised delivery. no barn and no return messages.

Please contact me at

halaghh@***.com

Debbie Brown used to be a personal friend of mine when she lived in California. She always has been a bit of a sheister. She even shorted me on part of a fully covered 6 stall mare motel roof.

View more comments (2)
Missoula, Montana

Excellent experience with Lonestar Barns

I and a friend of mine have Lonestar Barns and did not have one bit of trouble with them or their quality. We love our barns and they are very strong and lovely barns. I would recommend them to everyone that wants a quality barn for a reasonable price. The person ranting on this site a sorry individual and has issues they should direct to themselves not try to defame a nice company that has helped many horse people like ourselves get a barn for their horses that normally couldn't afford a barn as nice as theirs. If the government buys from Lonestar Barns repeatedly that must say something for their quality and integrity.

Very true I’ve had several horse hotels built by lone star custom barns the workmanship was great Danny Debbie’s son was awesome he made everything run smoothly

I'm sure Debbie is the one who wrote this. What a lying thief!

@PissedConsumer1316172

I was thinking the exact same thing!!!!

@PissedConsumer1316172

What a joke! Debbie will have some karma coming to her for all the people she has ripped. Fortunately, a very savvy attorney raked her through the mud so she has a horrible reputation.

View more comments (3)
Washington, District Of Columbia
Good quality

Other Product Review

How can these people sleep at night and why aren't they in jail?

AMEN

Los Angeles, California

Setting things straight about Lonestar Barns and false complaints

This person harleyrider7816@***.com is a liar and posted false information on Lonestar Barns. I have worked for Lonestar Barns off and on going on 10 years now and have never had a problem with them and have had many customers tip us out on the jobs because we did such...

Why is it that people like to lie about someone or their company Debbie has already proven to me she’s very honest and run’s a good company always answers my emails or calling me back sometime in the next few weeks I’ll be ordering two more mare barns so anyone needing a great barn I would highly recommend looking into lone star custom barns

Ramsey, Illinois
Good quality

Lonestar Barns - Work Experience Review from Amarillo, Texas

I use to work Debbie brown she is a snake in the grass and use your money to the pay for the barn that is a head of u. Which I mean she would rob Peter to pay Paul if know what I mean this woman. Is a total their don't send her money orders or checks people because u...

Learn how to spell

Amarillo, Texas
Work Experience or Job Application

Lonestar Barns - Purchase of a Lonestar Barn followed by empty promises and poor business practices.
We purchased a Lonestar Barn "package" which included a four stall barn with raised center aisle, tack room with raised drop ceiling, and installation assembly to include stained and finished wood pine lumber for the barn walls. Phone calls were rarely returned. Text messages were delayed and curt. Emails were also delayed to non existent. Construction was shoddy until we took over construction of the barn to quality standards at our expense for extra materials. We have yet to be reimbursed for failure to deliver materials for the drop ceiling and also failure to stain and finish the wood pine lumber which was supposed to be delivered as a finished material. No calls are returned. No emails are returned. I've included several pictures of their workmanship and their "company" location in Canyon Texas.

did either of you get your money back?

Original Poster.

I received a certified mail delivered refund check on October 25, 2013. I posted the same information to the Better Business Bureau the following day.

At this point I am relieved to have gotten a refund for the few items that were not done.

No further discussions or comments or clarifications are needed or desired. I am glad to put this whole experience behind me.

I may be of assistance to you as I'm going through the same thing right now. I can't say much more on here. Please email me at halaghh@***.com.

Mary, Mike, Debbie - At Lonestar Barns?

Any excuses, stories, and further reasons why this company continues to cheat honest trusting customers out of their hard earned money?

I'm still waiting for my refunds. Not holding my breath.

@PissedConsumer731107

We are a law firm representing an individual who had a similar experience with Debbie Brown-Russell and Lonestar Barns. First, our client, when she complained about not getting a written contract, was told that Brown-Russell had a “sick mother.” Secondly, after learning about the “sick mother” excuse given to others, and demanding a refund, she was refused a complete refund. Please contact us at josburn@***.com.

View more comments (4)
Featured
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Loss

Lonestar Barns' Debbie Brown Stole $9000 from me.

I ordered a Mare Motel in June of 2013 from Debbie Brown at Lonestar Barns. She wanted me to wire her my down payment of $9000. I was hesitant and made that clear. She assured me that my money was federally protected. After I wired her the money, she refused to provide me with a contract or delivery date and kept using the excuse that her mother was ill which should have had nothing to do with me or my project. Apparently, she has been using that same excuse with other clients she has potentially de-frauded. After many requests for a contract and delivery date, I came across this website as well as others and found many complaints regarding Debbie Brown. I contacted one couple who told me their horror story and how they were out thousands of dollars because of these people. At this point i told Dwbbie Brown I had been in contact with the couple and i wanted my money back. She tried to say they were liars and bad people which i learned was quite the contrary. Debbie Brown agreed to return my money but told me i had to pay a 25% restocking fee for a barn that was never officially ordered, had no dontract or delivery date for. I dis mention this to her and she said that she would waive the restocking fee and said several belittleing comments directed towards me. She has continued to promise to return my $9000 but has not. Oh and by the way, I noticed that Debbie Brown's Husband, Mike Russell, made a comment to one consumer telling them you get what you pay for as far as the contractor work was involved. He was the contractor! Do Not Give This Woman a Dime or You May Never Get It Back. She is pulling qute a scam, stealing money from hard working people.

Has anyone heard of Marcus Thompson from Lonestar barn co. In College Station Texas I think I'm being scammed in Oklahoma have a contract and said on contract they are insured and bonded but hearing all this has got me worried he told me the week they were supposed to show up that someone tried stealing his truck and in shop having locks replaced haven't been able to contact him since. mannyvanoss@***.com

Also cheated us. Had to drive to Canyon Texas to "encourage" timely deliver of the barn materials.

We finally got all the materials and then they showed up with a couple of inexperienced "builders" along with Mike (talks but no skills) to put he barn up. That lasted two days. They didn't follow the building plans and everything was very very sloppy. We are experienced custom home builders and ended up putting up the barn to our quality standards in 7 weeks at our own expense.

Despite paying Lonestar for assembly (ripped off on that). We also spent a lot of extra money for extra steel and building materials to bring the barn up to building permit standards. So far no returned communication from Debbie on our refund for the materials for a drop ceiling in the tack room and also a refund for not staining and finishing about 400 pieces of pine lumber. Nothing on the Lonestar Barn website is true except for the empty promises.

Debbie, Mike, and Mary are full of empty promises and stories, comments and rebuttal.

If they are that great. Why are so many complaints posted online from consumers?

We are dealing with the same issue. She has our money & has yet to deliver our hog panels.

She gave us the same story about her mom being sick. No return calls or an eta on delivery.

How has everyone resolved this?

Arizona,

please email at halaghh@***.com

Can help refer you to someone who is taking care of the matter.

@PissedConsumer716436

Happened to us, too. This is a trend with them.

Contact the Better Business Bureau in both Texas and Montana to file a complaint (they also own M Bar R Ranch in Montana and sell barns, etc. from that website). Her husband's name is Michael Russell. The BBB's in both states can be found on line (I believe it is the Amarillo BBB for Texas and Helena BBB for Montana).

Send a complaint to the State's Attorney's office in both states and to the fraud unit in both states if there is one. Attach the comments from this website for documentation that this has been an ongoing situation with these people and any other supporting information you have like email messages, a copy of your contract (if she gave you one), etc. You might want to check into small claims court in your county and possibly contact an attorney which a few of us have been forced to do.

Some of us are in contact with one another, which has been very helpful, so I would encourage you to contact anyone who has offered. Please help us in our efforts to keep these people from continuing to vicitimize others.

@PissedConsumer725081

I am currently going thro the same thing with lone star barns in Helena Montana. If anyone has any advice or helpful information to help me get my money back please contact me at lctquarterhorsesllc@***.com

@PissedConsumer716436

I am dealing with the exact same thing with her right now! Please e mail me. Fishkillerrob@***.com thank you!

Yep, she is still up to her tricks. I cannot believe she is still getting away with stealing peoples money and not delivering barns. I contacted Better Business Bureau and the District Attorney to finally get a barn.

@PissedConsumer677704

Can you please contact me? My email is halaghh@***.com. Some advice on how to deal with this disaster would be so helpful.

View more comments (9)
Hemet, California

Lonestar Horse Barn a Construction Nightmare

Update by user Nov 01, 2012

NOTE: We did not hire the contractor who built the barn. Lonestar Barns hired the contractor who originally built the barn. We had to hire our own local contractor to fix the mess their contractor made.

Original review posted by user Oct 31, 2012
We purchased a horse barn from Lonestar Barns, Inc. of Canyon,...

Pleas seen me an eamil I can get this information on what all Debbie Brown did to you and the Da informaton. she also ripped me off for 24000.00 for a 6 stall breeze way barn and kept moving the install date due to being in California with her sick mother.

I read that she had told someone else the same excuse. Now she is telling me I can't have my 15000.00 deposit or the 9000.00 that I drafted to her account back.Please help me get my money back from this women, I started reading what all she had done and had a friend go by the Canyon address all there is out there is a abandonn house and some old stock pens nothing else.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article